-

Saturday 16 January 2016

Why People Are Like Lace







I always went with ‘people suck’. But I have come to realize that they don’t. No, they don’t suck. But they break and change and things inevitably fall apart. So don’t attach yourself to people. In time you will learn that you will do it anyway. You will attach yourself to people and it will make you happy and you will wonder why you ever thought people sucked. Like I mentioned earlier – no, they don’t suck. People are amazing. Relationships are amazing. Relationships lead to memories. Memories are like capsules of time. They are amazing. You need to collect them – as many as you can. It’s the only way to exist, really. And for that, you need people. So people aren’t horrible. What they are, however, is fragile.

Think about yourself for a minute. Think about how fragile your own mind is. Think about how easily things can get to you. Think about it for a second. Do you see? That’s everyone. Do you see how that’s a problem?
It means that the connections you make with people aren’t strong bonds. They are like a delicate, intricate piece of lace. They are beautiful. But they are easy to tear. So here’s my best advice for you.
Keep the lace – it’s beautiful.
Keep all the lace you can. Collect lace like you want to fill your home with it. Decorate your walls with it. But don’t rely on it to save you.
Because it cannot. Its just lace.
And you know what happens if you use it when things get tough? It tears. And then there’s little you can do to fix it. You can try to stitch it up but it will never, ever be the same again. And you will hate yourself for it.

So don’t do it, man. 




This is a short piece I wrote some time back and I didn't intend for this to go up on the blog. When I read it again, however, I thought it would be nice to put it up. Do keep in mind that this is extremely personal writing and the 'you' that I often refer to is none other than me. It is a letter of advice from me to me, and is not intended to be seen as any form of preaching. I did consider editing it to suit a blogpost but when I started to do that, I realised it was losing its essence, in a way. Hence, because this is my blog and I do have the freedom to do whatever the hell I want, I copied and pasted it just as it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment