-

Friday 30 January 2015

The Best Kind of Glitter: Sparkly Nails




 I do enjoy my fair share of glitter. Funnily though, as much as I enjoy the sight of it, now that I think about it, I don't end up buying anything too glittery. Glittery nails, too, are something I like the idea of, but don't find myself wearing all too often. Until I discovered this particular combo. Burgundy. With gold glitter.
 It felt like love. And I think it was.




 So this was basically my New Year's manicure, and I know that New Year's Eve is long gone, but I loved it so much that I thought I'd share it with you, anyway. Besides, I think it's appropriate ALL YEAR LONG.
 I started with two coats of the Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in Molten Maroon, which is my absolute favourite nail colour right now (awkward note: my laptop sports a few strokes of this nail colour, too. Let's just say that I enjoy painting my nails whilst studying). Over the top of that I patted on my Colorbar Glitterati Top Coat in Disco Gold. Note: emphasis on patting. Patting the glitter as opposed to brushing it on really makes a huge difference. It transfers so much more glitter onto the nail. I could've made it even more sparkly, but I wasn't sure if I would hate it and want to take it off immediately. But now that I think about it, I would totally add some more glitter.
 I am aware that Colorbar now has a whole range of glitter top coats. I have my eyes on the silver one. But personally, I don't think anything beats the gold.  

 And there's something about the combination of maroon with gold that is just so... chic. I love it. And honestly, if taking the glitter off wasn't such a pain in the butt, I would totally have this on 24x7. 


although I do enjoy my nude nail polish ever so often.


2 comments: