-

Monday 28 April 2014

Summer Skincare: La Roche-Posay


  Summers usually are a hard time for my skin. I get oily, I tend to break out more, I tend to not want to moisturize, and basically I have crazy skin, but no time or patience for skincare. This year, therefore, I decided to cut down on makeup and focus more on skincare during summer. The problem, however, is that I don't know too much about skincare. Thus, I decided to pick up the much loved, online beauty community favourite, La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo.



 Now I am aware that this product is mainly targeted at people with major breakouts or acne prone skin, and my skin wasn't all that bad. But like I mentioned, I really needed something to make my skin better. Besides, I thought this would help reduce the tiny bumps around my nose and eye area (gross, I know) and probably help prevent blackheads as well.
 So my final verdict? I'm not sure yet!
 I've heard that skincare takes about two months of working to really show results and I've barely been using this for two weeks. And although I haven't seen any miraculous results yet, I did notice the little bumps starting to disappear, very gradually, though. Also, I've had no worrying breakout either since using this!
 Hence, I'm going to continue using this every night before bed, and most mornings as well. This has a very light, almost serum-like consistency, which is why I don't mind putting this on despite the heat. And although it isn't heavy, bear in mind that it isn't mattifying either. But I think La Roche-Posay do a matte version of this, except it isn't available in India. 
 At 1190 INR, I do think it's a little steep for moisturizer (although I think it's more of a treatment than a moisturizer), at least for me, but if it works, it'll be worth it. Besides, I think this will last me quite a long time -a little bit goes a long, long way with this one.

 As for the little baby tube in the picture, that is a sample of the La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL. I've been using it for a few days now, and I have to say, I quite like it. I've been looking for a replacement for the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen, because I find that a little too greasy for my liking. This one has a very runny consistency which is what probably makes it feel light on the skin. But it still does feel sunscreen-y. Not greasy, just a little sunscreen-y. The full size is quite expensive, so I don't think I'll be getting that one anytime soon. 

That is all for now. I will keep you updated on how these products work (or don't work) for me in the future. Do you have a sunscreen favourite? 


6 comments:

  1. Seems good. I need something to even-out my skin tone. I have been to Kaya and they suggested few products but I was not convinced. Do you know any product for even-out skin tone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I haven't tried anything like that. But I think you must check out La Roche-Posay and ask for samples. Or even Kiehl's if you're feeling spendy. I've heard really good things about their skincare. :)

      Delete
  2. It was only when I also bought this one that I realised tha't this wasn't really for my skin type. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Duo, but it's so weird because sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't... when i don't really see an effect i'll do this ren glycolactic mask that looks like orange jam haha, it's really nice!
    and for the sunscreen i'm just testing out a kiehls one and it is a looot lighter than other one's, google it, maybe ull like it!

    xx
    alisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've tried the one by Kiehl's, and loved it! But it's wayy too expensive for everyday use :(

      Delete