-

Monday 2 December 2013

Christmastime Nails: My Top Five


    It is officially December, and hence, Christmas season, and HENCE my free license to write Christmas related posts. And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it, you can bet on that. So let's kick start the season with Christmas appropriate nails, yeah?




  On the first of December, one of the first things I did after I woke up was paint my nails red. I absolutely adore red nails and put Christmas and my favourite nail colour together, and I'm one happy girl. Red nails are so festive and this year I'm getting into gold nails too. Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, I think reds and golds are just pretty colours on nails, in general. (Maybe next year I'll have some deep greens, too)
  So here are five of my picks for this season -which is basically what is going to be on my nails all month long. You can expect individual nail posts as the month goes along.

The Reds
  Let's start with the reds. I have three that go from lightest to deepest. I don't particularly have a deep burgundy, but I'm happy with these. For a bright, bright red and for basically anyone who likes a nice neon-ish pop of colour on their nails, I think Revlon's Red Hot Tamale is a great one. It's what I have on my nails right now and I bet if Santa wore nail paint, this is what he'd pick. 
 A little more of a true red is OPI's Big Apple Red. This is an absolute true red in all its glory. It's the colour you could easily match to your basic red lipstick for a Christmas party or something. It's bright, yet toned down. It's the perfect 'red', in my opinion.
 And for my newest addition to the reds is Maybelline Color Show in Downtown Red. This is a rather deep, maroon-y red that's the most sophisticated of the lot. I have a feeling this is the one I'm going to be sporting on Christmas Eve.

The Golds

  I have two golds: one a full fledged golden polish and one a gold glitter top coat. The first is the Maybelline Color Show in Bold Gold. This literally looks like liquid gold in the bottle. It shares it's name with a Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow and they actually do look quite similar.
  And lastly, I have my ever so loved Colorbar Glitterati Top Coat in Disco Gold. This does not apply as strong as it appears in the bottle and it's more of a subtle topcoat with fine golden glitter particles as well as chunky, circular flakes of gold. It's the buildable kind so you can put on as much as you like depending on how glittery you want your nails to be. This on top of Downtown Red will be so pretty! This on top of anything is pretty, to be very honest. I'd hang this on my tree if I could.

That will be all for this post, but do keep an eye out for many more posts to come this month because I have a gajillion scheduled and hopefully, I can keep up.

What nail colour are you going to be wearing this month?

15 comments:

  1. Amazing colours! Now, I want to paint my nails red and gold :)

    BeautyInsideArt

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybelline nail polishes are worth buying :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a really nice selection at a great price :)

      Delete
  3. I'd love to try the gold one. I bet it'd look fab over any base shade.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. very Christmas appropriate! I love gold glitter nails

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing colours. So christmasy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red and gold FTW!
    Illamasqua have a nail duo with Spartan and Throb. The gold is one of my favs!
    http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/products/nails/nail-duo-throb-spartan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many good things about Illamasqua nail polish. And that duo looks SO amazingly Christmasy!

      Delete
  7. Love red nails, and Revlon nail polishes are always great!
    My favourite Christmassy polish is the Leighton Denny Provocative - beautiful red colour and lasts for ages!
    http://www.leightondenny.com/product-detail/default.aspx?ProductId=248&ProductCategoryId=4

    http://emmaquillage.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete