-

Friday 25 October 2013

Maybelline Bold Matte Lipsticks in MAT1 and MAT3: Review+Swatches


   Bright lipsticks have always fascinated me. But whenever I pick a bold lipstick, I prefer it to be matte. And bright+matte has definitely become my thing over time. Which is why, when Maybelline released their Bold Matte Lipsticks, I couldn't have been more excited. I literally wanted to buy all five of them.




 So I ended up buying MAT2, which is a gorgeous bright orange-y pink. But in an unfortunate accident which involved me losing an entire little bag full of my favourite products (yes, it was very sad and I almost cried), MAT2 disappeared from my life. So I didn't repurchase the exact one, but go MAT1, instead, in the hope that I'll maybe find that bag someday (this is me being ridiculous). Also, my cousin got MAT3, so I decided to do a double review!


Maybelline Bold Matte MAT1, Maybelline Bold Matte MAT 3
 MAT1 is a pretty, almost Barbie pink when on the lips. I think this is the kind of shade that is bright but will suit most skin tones. MAT3 is a true orange, really. But definitely with more red in it than yellow. 

First off, even though these are decently pigmented lipsticks, they definitely don't apply as bright on the lips as they appear in the bullet. And especially if you have pigmented lips, this will require some layering. As for the texture, they are smooth and easy to apply, and despite the fact that they are matte lipsticks, they don't dry out your lips. A tiny amount of clear lip balm over or under the lipstick should do.
 On me, the lipstick starts to fade in about an hour or two, but what's nice is that it doesn't disappear completely. Instead it leaves behind a really pretty, and relatively strong tint. However, this is considering you don't have a meal. With a meal, and drinks, this is completely gone. But whatever. What is reapplication for, after all?


Maybelline Bold Matte Lipstick in MAT1



Maybeline Bold Matte Lipstick in MAT3

  Overall, I do think that is a nice release by Maybelline. And these are really nice lipsticks for the price they retail at, which is Rs. 375. I do love mine and plan on getting the orange, too!

Are you a fan of brights?

14 comments:

  1. both the shades looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you live in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both these shades are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those colours are so pretty!


    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ...i love the shades :) so pretty. Loved your blog dear.. I would love to follow you blog, it would be great if you follow me back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I really like these, especially the orangey one. I haven't seen these so not sure if theyve been released in the UK yet but they look fab on you!
    Great post!

    www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that they've only been released in Asia. Not sure, though. :)

      Delete
  7. I havent heard of these lippies before ! They look amazing !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  8. huh. never seen this formula before but a bold matte lipstick is always a statement. hope you rock them!

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete