-

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Products I've Used Up #1


  Empties posts are one of my favourites because they're like mini reviews of multiple products, but full proof ones. Which is why I've had a little bag sitting in the corner of my room for a few weeks now and every product that I go through gets tossed into it. I've finally accumulated enough for my first Empties post. So, here we go:

Skincare



Lacto Calamine Aloe Moisturiser

Lacto Calamine's Aloe moisturiser is the only one I've tried that has worked for my skin. I have an oily t-zone, but dry cheeks (which is very annoying). I haven't ventured out into expensive skincare yet, so this product is one of those very few inexpensive face moisturisers that actually moisturize enough without leaving my skin feeling greasy. 
I haven't repurchased this yet because I'm trying to use up the other variation of this product -the original one, meant for oily to normal skin. But honestly, that's a little too dry for my skin and I'm struggling to finish it up.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock

This was a good one. I used to use the one by Lakme and the scent of it annoyed me too much, but this one actually smells good! It has a good SPF, and it generally does the job. But to be very honest, it does feel a little greasy on me. I've repurchased another one of it, because it worked all right for me. I always get the travel sized one so I can carry it around with me.

Clean and Clear Deep Action Cleanser

This one took about a year to go through. Again, it was the smell that bothered me. It worked all right for me. It has a creamy consistency that takes some working into, but cleans up quite well in the end. I wouldn't recommend this for people with dry skin. I swear by my Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Wash and this one just couldn't beat that.

Makeup



Lakme Rose Powder in Warm Pink

I'm assuming this is supposed to be a setting powder, and it didn't really work too well for me. It didn't mattify the skin like I would've liked it to, it is too pink toned for my taste and last of all, I'm not a fan of loose powders. Calling it a product I've used up is a bit of a lie because there's still a bit left in there. But, oh well. This product is ancient and I don't think Lakme even sells these anymore. But if they did, I wouldn't repurchase it.

Maybelline Color Bloom in Pink Blossom

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you must be aware that the Maybelline Color Bloom lip balm in Pink Blossom is one of my all time favourite products. Its a little scary how quickly I go through these. I've even gotten a bunch of people who don't wear makeup to fall in love with this product. And now they can't live without this either. Have I repurchased this? Of course I have! I buy this stuff in bulk.

Maybelline Hyper Curl Volume Express Mascara

Sadly, this was a fail product for me. Neither did it lengthen my lashes, nor did it volumize them. It's really cheap, but I wouldn't recommend it. 

Street Wear's Liquid Eyeliner

I bought this product on a whim when I was desperately in need of a black liquid eyeliner, and I used up every last bit of it. It's a really good one if you're looking for an inexpensive liquid liner. However, that is only if you can get past the extremely long wand. It wasn't an issue for me, but I know a lot of people who can't handle long wands too well. 

And that will be all for my very first Products I've Used Up post. 

Have you used any of these products?



No comments:

Post a Comment