-

Thursday 25 October 2012

Fall '12 Trends: Most wearable




  It's officially fall/autumn/the end of summer. Isn't that exciting? It feels like months are flying and yet, summer lasted forever. Bright colours, floral prints, all of that -I'm a little bit tired of it now. So, for me, fall fashion is a nice, pleasant change.
  Obviously, with every new season comes tons of new trends. But here are four of my favourite, extremely wearable fall '12 trends.



Number One

White Formals



 For those who like to keep it classy and elegant, white is usually the way to go. Also, if you're tired of wearing black, you must give white a try. I am personally a heavy black wearer, and I think white is a fresh new change. Will it replace my love for black? I don't think so. But it might be slowly turning into a new favourite.
 The trend of wearing white formal clothing can bee seen a lot on the fall '12 runway. I personally think white blazers are so classy and versatile. If you're on the market for a new blazer, I'd suggest a white one.



Number Two

Red wines and Burgundy


  Deep, deep reds and burgundy -just the sight of them makes me think of this time of the year. I think burgundy is a universally flattering colour. Also a universally liked one. 
  I have a sudden affection for these printed pyjama-bottom-esque pieces of clothing. I've seen them at Zara many times, but never gave them a second glance until now. I watched an old video by Vivianna from ViviannaDoesMakeup, on YouTube, where she spoke about these, and now I love them. I do realize that the outfit above is a little on the baggy side, so I'd keep the sweater more snug.




Number Three

Chunky Sweaters


  Okay, so, this is that one trend that I wish I could wear, but I can't. Because where I live, if I wear a chunky sweater ever, it'd only be because I'm sitting at home with the air conditioning blasting, a cup of hot coffee in my hands, pretending like its winter, when it's actually quite sunny outside. So if YOU live somewhere where it can get chilly, I'm very jealous of you. 
 I would wear the chunky sweater with a pair of skin-fit jeans or leggings. You can even pick up those bright coloured pants you had stocked up on for summer, and pair them up with a pale or very dark chunky sweater.



Number Four

Black Leather




  Oh well. Like I mentioned earlier, I love the colour black and I also love leather. So I was very happy to see the heavy dosage of black leather on the runway. But you obviously don't have to be goth or biker chick when you wear black (unless you want to, of course). Keep all your other pieces classy and you'll end up with a really chic outfit!





  I did notice the trends I liked were mostly about colour this fall, which is quite odd. But, oh well. Aren't colour trends easier to follow and make your own?

  Also, if you don't already know, I'm planning on personalizing Embellished from now on, so expect the next post or so to be a haul. 





No comments:

Post a Comment